Connect to Consolesession using a .RDP-file

Hi I have a question

I use the following commandline to start a remotesession to my servers
consolesession, and that works fine.
"mstsc /console /v:lurvas"

Is there a possibility to configurate a .RDP file to do the same trick?
My .RDP-file works fine but I can´t conect to the Consolesession.

Thanks for youre answer
The problem is that I follow the instructions in the article

1. Open Remote Desktop Connection.
2. In the Computer box, type the computer name or the IP address of a
terminal server or a computer that has Remote Desktop enabled.
Note: To connect to the console session of the remote computer, type
computername or IP address /console.
3. Click Connect.
4. In the Log On to Windows dialog box, type your user name, password, and
domain (if necessary), and then click OK.

When I type LURVAS /console I get an Errormessage that says someting like
Unvalid servername ( I use a Swedish Windos XP)

If i only type LURVAS as servername i get a new session to the server but
not the consolsession.

Am i Doing annything wrong or....

//Jens

Sooner Al [MVP]

I see the same error here when I tried it on my XP Pro box. Sorry I can't be of further help...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

Jason Tan

Hi Jens,

Thanks for your post!

The steps is correct. However,technical speaking, Windows XP does not have
the feature to connect to console session using a .RDP-file, which is
different with Windows 2k3 server. The method you mentioned can be
accomplished on Windows 2003 server and you may save the console connection
as a RDP files. I understand your feeling and how frustrated when you find
that our product cannot meet your needs. So, if you would, please feel free
to submit your suggestion on our product to the following link. Our Product
Group reviews the suggestions submitted by our customers. Your feedback is
valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service
provided.

Thanks & Regards,

Jason Tan

Microsoft Online Partner Support