Confused

Reaction score
Hello, sorry to bother everyone but I need help. Last night my friend had a pop ups from IE that just kept comming back, even after he closed out of everything. Well, I installed Spybot, ad-aware, and AVG on his computer and got rid of everything (at least to the point where nothing showed up except a few things on spybot that required the computer to be restarted), but after restarting it, not only did it take about 20 minutes for the the login to come up but it took even longer for the desktop icons to show up. What's worse is that the taskbar won't show up and when I go to Task Manager and try to run a system restore, it says that system restore can't protect his computer and that I should restart the computer (note: the time it took for the actual message to come up was around 10 minutes) and when I try to run windows media player the same way I get another message saying that the computer has low memory. Now I don't know all of the specifics of his computer I do know that it was faster than mine and I have 256MB of RAM and and he has about and 80GB HDD where I have only 40GB. I also checked the processes in Task Manager and the System Idle Process --> CPU was at 99. Can someone please help me and tell me what is going on or how to fix it?

Ask a Question