Computer Will Not Start At Welcome Screen With All Accounts Listed

G

1. Installed winxp pro, clean fresh. Told xp to always log in automatically to administartor account and password was blank.
2. I added users and now the machine and still always logs into the administrator account automatically and I don't want that.
3. I use the welcome screen and fast user switching.
3. I created a password for the administrator account. Sometimes it wont log in to adminstrator and then shows all the users except for administrator which is great and that is what I want and sometimes the machine freezes.

Of course in the control panel, users I see the administrator and can not change the username of that adminstrator. I went into computer management to change administrator to another name just for testing purposes. still no luck with having all users come at the welcome screen.

I assume there is a reg issue I need to fix and or in the computer management, user section? ?

D

Doug Knox MS-MVP

Click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 Check the box: Users must enter a username and password...........

Ask a Question