Computer waking up from hibernation

Hello,

when I sign off and I put my computer in hibernation, he always "wakes up"
in less than one minute. I see two possible reasons for this problem:
1) my optic mouse is hypersensitive and pics up every little movement
2) my network-modem keeps running on full power and keeps sending signals
towards my computer. These signals cause the "waking up".

Can I configure my computer in a way that he becomes less- or unsesitive for
these signals? Or are there other possible causes for this problem?

Greetings and thanks for your help

Christophe

peter

You most likely have "wake on LAN" enabled ...check you BIOS settings
peter
"Christophe from Belgium" <Christophe from
news:[email protected]...

Thanks for your help. But isn't it possible to just change these settings in
Vista? Changing mij BOIS-settings seems quite dangerous to me.

Greetings,
Christophe

David

Christophe said:
Thanks for your help. But isn't it possible to just change these settings in
Vista? Changing mij BOIS-settings seems quite dangerous to me.

Greetings,
Christophe

:
if you want a likely resolution to your complaint, follow Peter's
suggestion. Dangerous?? in what way? just go to cmos and change the
option for boot-on-LAN and save the changes.

One point no one has covered. True Hibernation requires you press the
hardware power button to wake the computer. What you are talking about is not
hibernation or hybrid sleep. It's just the screen blanking out. Go into Power
Options in control panel, select a scheme and adjust it to your liking. Look
up Hibernation in Help for much more info.