Computer shuts down and freezes

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Your Dual Core processor has two cores, but still both should work and at the proper speed, it looks like you may have found your problem.

Perhaps the processor is knackered???

By the way have you ever overclocked it?

Reaction score
No, I have never overclocked it before. If I set it back to 3.2Ghz both cores will run with hyper threading (so it shows 4 cores) but the freezing returns.

Reaction score
Do you know if it has always picked the CPU up like that or is it only recent that it starting picking it up? Did you take CPU of and reseat the CPU into the socket on the mainboard when you took it apart?

Thanks,

Wiz

Reaction score
wizkid said:
Do you know if it has always picked the CPU up like that or is it only recent that it starting picking it up? Did you take CPU of and reseat the CPU into the socket on the mainboard when you took it apart?

Thanks,

Wiz

Always been like this.

Anyway I think I have found the problem

How to solve the issue of system unstable while using Pentium D 830/840?
We have solved this issue via hardware. Please send the board for RMA.

Does this motherboard supports EIST technology?
Yes. But please note that this board DO NOT support EIST when install Smithfield (820/830/840/840EE) CPU. This is due to Nvidia chipset limitation.

From the MSI website.

Anyone know a good board I can buy now that is compatible with all my parts isnt expensive and isnt a complete peice of crap?

Reaction score
pichu said:
Always been like this.

Anyway I think I have found the problem

From the MSI website.

Anyone know a good board I can buy now that is compatible with all my parts isnt expensive and isnt a complete peice of crap?

Is the board still under warranty or not?

If it is under warranty then send back for replacement

Regards,

Last edited:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Gigabyte P31 DS3L, good budget motherboard, supports all Pentium 4, Pentium D, Pentium Dual Cores, C2D.

Has PCI-E, just make sure to check your Memory is compatable, it should be but makes sense to check.

I have it in my Numba 2 PC and i currently have my 3.0Ghz Pentium D at 3.6Ghz, good little board, stays cool as well.

Reaction score

Ask a Question