computer not recognizing CD/DVD-ROM drive

G

The CD/DVD-ROM drive has completely disappeared from my computer. Its not even visible in my computer page or anywhere else except in system properties where it is visible under hardware. Looks like this happened when I was trying to uninstall and reinstall Power DVD software. Device Manager shows huge yellow dots with exclamation mark (!) inside the dot over the DVD-ROM drive and CD-ROM drive listed. When I double-click on the listing and the General Tab, Device Status reads impossible to load device driver for this hardware cannot find the hardware device. (error/code 41

Please help urgently

nish

G

i have been dealing w/ the exact same thing for 3 days now. except mine happened out of the blue. i didn't install or uninstall any programs. i did get a different error code - it said my driver was missing or corrupted (code 39). i tried system restore, but it couldn't go back to the checkpoint i specified. i may try and repair the windows xp installation w/ the win xp disc using an external usb cdrom.

----- nisha wrote: ----

The CD/DVD-ROM drive has completely disappeared from my computer. Its not even visible in my computer page or anywhere else except in system properties where it is visible under hardware. Looks like this happened when I was trying to uninstall and reinstall Power DVD software. Device Manager shows huge yellow dots with exclamation mark (!) inside the dot over the DVD-ROM drive and CD-ROM drive listed. When I double-click on the listing and the General Tab, Device Status reads impossible to load device driver for this hardware cannot find the hardware device. (error/code 41

Please help urgently

nish

M

mbernardi

The same thing happened to me about 1 week ago. Someone must have an
idea how my buslink CD-R DVD rom could just disappeared.

christopher said:
i have been dealing w/ the exact same thing for 3 days now. except
mine happened out of the blue. i didn't install or uninstall any
programs. i did get a different error code - it said my driver was
missing or corrupted (code 39). i tried system restore, but it
couldn't go back to the checkpoint i specified. i may try and repair
the windows xp installation w/ the win xp disc using an external usb
cdrom.
----- nisha wrote: -----

The CD/DVD-ROM drive has completely disappeared from my
computer. Its not even visible in my computer page or anywhere else
except in system properties where it is visible under hardware. Looks
like this happened when I was trying to uninstall and reinstall Power
DVD software. Device Manager shows huge yellow dots with exclamation
mark (!) inside the dot over the DVD-ROM drive and CD-ROM drive
listed. When I double-click on the listing and the General Tab,
Device Status reads impossible to load device driver for this hardware
cannot find the hardware device. (error/code 41)

G

Dear Nish

Did you ever resolve the problem because I have the same one and cannot find any way to solve it

----- nisha wrote: ----

Please help urgently

nish

Ask a Question