Computer GPO "only" Problem

P

Paul Banco

All,

Having problems with Computer GPO only, user GPO works fine. I am getting the error messages below and tried some of the suggestion found on Google searches but still no luck. Anyone have any ideas on this? I have a multi-homed server which I disabled one NIC in the bios (On Board NIC) I enabled DFS client as suggested in client registry , still no luck. I am out of options. All machine are having the problem. They are able to access the link below fine.. They are able to ping by both NetBios name and FQDN

Thanks in advance

Paul

Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO CN={31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9},CN=Policies,CN=System,DC=CSM,DC=local. The file must be present at the location <\\xxx.local\sysvol\xxx.local\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\gpt.ini>. (Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, either because the machine is unavailable, or access has been denied. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO CN={31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9},CN=Policies,CN=System,DC=CSM,DC=local. The file must be present at the location <\\xxx.local\sysvol\xxx.local\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\gpt.ini>. (The network path was not found. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

S

stevta [MSFT]

Are all users having this problem or only a few?

It could be the machien accoutn has expired or the network settings are not
correct.

You can reset the machie accoutn using the netdom reset command.

Ask a Question