Compatibility of Market Browser

I can only hope one or more of our panel members has had the same irritating,
time-consuming difficulty I have experienced in this regard.

Have searched in vain all over for a simple answer as to Market Browser's
compatibility with Vista HP.

When downloaded the update on the subject of compatibility u8p came box,
"not applicable to my system". No idea why not. The msn directions for
accessing the Compatibility Wizard were unsuccessful.

Had assumed this important subject would by now have generated a list of
programs with installation difficulties and/or a Search Box to enter any
program for info as to compatibility.

Having said all this, can anyone advise whether Market Browser is compatible?

Their web master informs me that others have had no difficulty but I have
downloaded several times without being able to install. No error messages,
just no response. At one point, when running a Diagnosis there was a mention
of incompatibility, but has not appeared since -- only that Market Browser is
one cause of slow Start Up.

Will appreciate help!

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Have you contacted the developer of Market Browser about compatibility with
Windows Vista, patches, updates or new releases? Have you tried running it
in Compatibility mode? Right click the applications executable > click
Compatibility (tab) > check the 'Run this in compatibility mode for:' box >
click in the list box and select an appropriate version of Windows the
application is known to run on > click OK.

Thank you Andre for much useful info, but until I know how to get to the
Compatibility Mode I can't go further. (If agreeable suggest use my email
direct).
Apparently it is somewhere after download and before installation, as
without being installed unsure how it can be in any mode.
Even so, I note last entry is selection where known to work which is WinXP.
I have that on my desktop and no problem; my concern is Vista HP on laptop.
How referral to XP helps I know not.

As said, I've been in contact with Market Browser and assume webmaster
equivalent to developer you suggest.

Cordially,

[Anon] Michael Yardley

"Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]" <[email protected]>

There is only one MarketBrowser and it is completely Free!

System Requirements

Windows 95, 98, Millennium (Me), NT 4.0, 2000, XP or Vista.

Download Instructions
The name of the file you are downloading is "mbzzzq2p.exe". This is a
program that will install MarketBrowser on your computer. Note: It is
important not to change the name of this file.
Internet Explorer Users: If you are downloading using Internet
Explorer, the simplest way to download MarketBrowser is to choose "Run
this program from its current location" or for IE 6.0+ users choose
to "Open" the file, when prompted. This will download and install
MarketBrowser in one step.

Contacting Us
If you have any questions or problems, please contact our Technical
Support at:
MarketBrowser Feedback

http://www.marketbrowser.com/feedback_generic.asp?
topic=zzzq2+DwnldPg&limitted=yes

MarketBrowser and Vista

Usenet Thread.

http://groups.google.ca/group/freeware-
news/browse_thread/thread/87b727cc5c5d3de0/708c064a407ea985?
hl=en&lnk=st&q=MarketBrowser+and+Vista#708c064a407ea985

Michael, I must have done an outstandingly bad job of describing my
COMPATIBILITY problem. It is not Downloading, it is Installing.
All of your kind reply I almost know by heart!
I've done it all repeatedly and am in contact with their web master.
I have had the program on my WinXP desktop for more than a year.
Objective is to get it on my Vista HP laptop.
Even thought of a transfer, assuming in doing so a copy can remain on the
XP. But I'm far from tech savvy, and apprehensive of disturbing XP setup
anyway.

Cordially,