Windows 7 Compaq Product Key

Reaction score
I bought a new compaq desktop at best buy. I was ready to use microsoft office 10 when they said they needed a product key. After i checked the box , the manual and the cd cases there was no card with the product. The thing i dont live in america i live in Jamaica and i cant contact compaq, what should i do ????

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It's not unusual for manufacturers, such as yours, to bundle 'trial' software, such as MS Office, to make the 'package' seem like a good deal. I suspect you've been had just like the other laptop manufacturers' deals.

Microsoft very rarely, probably never, offer their cash cow, Office, for free.

I may be wrong but try asking Compaq for the Office product key, I wouldn't hold your breath.

The "free" software with a Dell got to so that an enterprising person made Decrapifier, which is now a leading "tool" in any techs arsenal of programs ... it's worth running on any 'shop-bought' propriety manufactured system.

good luck!

welcome to PCReview :)

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Check the list of features. If it doesn't say "microsoft office XX version installed as part of the package, then you don't have MS. Office as a feature.

Ask a Question