Company check

Reaction score
Have any of the PCReview members heard of this software company ?
I was thinking of buying some from them but have never heard of 'em.
Photoshop looks really cheap compared to other sites i have visited.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi Zed... which company are you thinking about? I've tried the long-distance mind-meld, but it's not working tonight :p

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
captain zed said:
Sorry about that TC....lol

http://www.discount-software-sales.com/acatalog/About_Us.html

Its ages since i forgot the link.....you're very witty this evening lol

I've been doing my meerkat impressions too ... simples!

I can't say I've heard of that company (though others here might have.) I am a bit intrigued that the terms and conditions page is blank. Also, I couldn't find a contact address/phone number for them - only an email addy. Others might disagree, but I always make a point of looking for this info before I buy from a company I don't know... and I buy quite a lot of stuff online. That's only my opinion though.

Maybe someone else here will know them ;)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Yes, it does seem to be.. Here it is a lot more expensive, just to give you an idea.

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Does the software strike you as being really inexpensive ??
Yes the software does seem extremely cheap. So much so i'd say stay far away from it. Go look bt adobe site for prices and you'll see. I smell something dodgy

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
There are lots of image editors available - as you will know - but I wonder whether you have ever taken a look at PhotoFiltre? It is totally free. People are usually quite impressed with it, because it has many of the same features as PhotoShop, etc. :D

Reaction score
Thanks loads everyone......i love free stuff but i suppose until i get photoshop i'll always be wondering lol.
Thanks again

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Thanks loads everyone......i love free stuff but i suppose until i get photoshop i'll always be wondering lol.
Thanks again

Best start saving your pennies then Cap'Z. Yer looking at from £450 to £850..

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Unless you look at PhotoShop Elements - which is around the £50 - £65 mark (or sometimes bundled free with graphic tablets.) "Elements" can be sufficiently powerful for non-professional folk.

I can understand your curiosity Zed, I felt the same. But my "Elements" came bundled free, and when I compared it to "PhotoFiltre" there seemed to be little difference between the two, when it came down to features.
:D

Reaction score
I don't think my head would let me spend £450 on software folks.....i might try elements. There's a new version out just lately, 8 i think.
I'll try that photofiltre first though.
Thanks again folks

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That site is selling pirate software, I'd bet my fluffy pink cotton socks on it.

Also the fact they say they will answer e-mails 'within 48 hours' and all deliveries are 'within seven working days' makes this boy not want to touch them with an extremely long pole.

You have been warned :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Zed, there are countless Photoshop tutorials on the Web - do a Google.

The secret is to just keep using the program, experiment, explore all functions, some things will stick eventually ;)

It's a huge software program with endless possibilities.

I could think of a lot better things to spend £450.00 on.

And there lots of tutorial books for sale as well, I have a couple myself.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Zed, there are countless Photoshop tutorials on the Web - do a Google.

The secret is to just keep using the program, experiment, explore all functions, some things will stick eventually ;)

It's a huge software program with endless possibilities.

I could think of a lot better things to spend £450.00 on.

And there lots of tutorial books for sale as well, I have a couple myself.
You're probably right man, but, the exotic locations grabbed me. Like a working holiday with
4 days in Goa or Himalaya's and getting taught how to use a camera and photoshop seemed appealing.
The government over here usually gives grants for education as well lol.

Thanks for the tips though, and i wont go near that software company;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
No Flopps is always right................

That's right, and there's a tooth fairy, Father Christmas and a colony of Leprechauns living in Epping Forest.

Ask a Question