Comcast host problem

Karen

Does anyone know a number to call to get someone at Comcast who specifically
knows how to reset Frontpage server extensions, or anything about the web
pages for that matter? I have tried to get some help from comcast, but am
getting told that they do not support Frontpage, etc.. I cannot publish
using ftp since installing SP2, but I have another web site using http and I
can publish to it. I need to talk to someone who can actually do something
and I am getting the run-around at comcast. Any one have any ideas?

TIA,

Karen

Thomas A. Rowe

If you have to use FTP to publish, then they don't support the FP extensions for your account. If
they supported the FP extensions you would be using http to publish.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

DI

https://publish.comcast.net/sitebuilders.html
FrontPage
Signup for FrontPage Extensions Feature, Configure FrontPage, FrontPage FAQs

https://publish.comcast.net/fpextensions/index.html
Microsoft® FrontPage® Server Extensions

Personal Web Pages supports Microsoft® FrontPage® Server Extensions for use with FrontPage® Web
site creation and management software. Personal Web Pages also supports Microsoft® FrontPage®
Server Extensions for Unix. To use this feature:

Select Microsoft® FrontPage® Server Extensions in your Features Profile.
Configure Microsoft® FrontPage® Server Extensions
Set Microsoft® FrontPage® Server Extensions Publishing Destination to:

https://home.comcast.net/~user name

Notes: 1. "username" is your Comcast.net e-mail ID and user name. 2. Be sure the `s' in
https:// is included in the Publishing Destination URL

Detailed instructions regarding the use of Microsoft® FrontPage® Server Extensions for Personal
Web Pages may be found here.

DI

Karen you have to Activate Your FrontPage Extensions
Comcast Tel # ( 866 ) 447-7333

Microsoft® FrontPage Settings
PUBLISHING DESTINATION:
https://home.comcast.net/
~your_user_name
USER NAME:
(your comcast.net user name)
PASSWORD:
(your comcast.net password)
Activate Your FrontPage Extensions

Karen

I publish two web sites with comcast. One is personal and one for my
church. I set them up the same way about a year ago. The personal site has
always worked with http. The church site never would publish with http so I
resorted to ftp with that site. Comcast site shows that I have the
extensions installed but they have never worked with the church site. Any
way I can fix that without having to start all over?

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Call your host (DI posted the phone number in another message).

1- make sure your Church purchased a package with FP extensions
2- if they did have Comcast re-install/check/install the extensions - IF they were installed they are likely broken now from ftp'ing.
3- then use Publish from now on (once it's fixed)

| I publish two web sites with comcast. One is personal and one for my
| church. I set them up the same way about a year ago. The personal site has
| always worked with http. The church site never would publish with http so I
| resorted to ftp with that site. Comcast site shows that I have the
| extensions installed but they have never worked with the church site. Any
| way I can fix that without having to start all over?
|

| | > If you have to use FTP to publish, then they don't support the FP
| > extensions for your account. If
| > they supported the FP extensions you would be using http to publish.
| >
| > --
| > ==============================================
| > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| >
| > FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| > ==============================================
| > To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp

| >> specifically
| >> knows how to reset Frontpage server extensions, or anything about the web
| >> pages for that matter? I have tried to get some help from comcast, but
| >> am
| >> getting told that they do not support Frontpage, etc.. I cannot publish
| >> using ftp since installing SP2, but I have another web site using http
| >> and I
| >> can publish to it. I need to talk to someone who can actually do
| >> something
| >> and I am getting the run-around at comcast. Any one have any ideas?
| >>
| >> TIA,
| >>
| >> Karen

Karen

Thanks to advice I got from you all, I was able to reinstall the extensions
myself and now it works great!!! Wish I had asked you guys for advice about
a year ago! :) Thanks all!

"Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message Call your host (DI posted the phone number in another message).

1- make sure your Church purchased a package with FP extensions
2- if they did have Comcast re-install/check/install the extensions - IF
they were installed they are likely broken now from ftp'ing.
3- then use Publish from now on (once it's fixed)

| I publish two web sites with comcast. One is personal and one for my
| church. I set them up the same way about a year ago. The personal site
has
| always worked with http. The church site never would publish with http so
| resorted to ftp with that site. Comcast site shows that I have the
| extensions installed but they have never worked with the church site. Any
| way I can fix that without having to start all over?
|

| | > If you have to use FTP to publish, then they don't support the FP
| > extensions for your account. If
| > they supported the FP extensions you would be using http to publish.
| >
| > --
| > ==============================================
| > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| >
| > FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| > ==============================================
| > To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp

| >> specifically
| >> knows how to reset Frontpage server extensions, or anything about the
web
| >> pages for that matter? I have tried to get some help from comcast, but
| >> am
| >> getting told that they do not support Frontpage, etc.. I cannot
publish
| >> using ftp since installing SP2, but I have another web site using http
| >> and I
| >> can publish to it. I need to talk to someone who can actually do
| >> something
| >> and I am getting the run-around at comcast. Any one have any ideas?
| >>
| >> TIA,
| >>
| >> Karen

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

At your service...24/7..we never sleep :)
Glad to help.

| Thanks to advice I got from you all, I was able to reinstall the extensions
| myself and now it works great!!! Wish I had asked you guys for advice about
| a year ago! :) Thanks all!
|

| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | Call your host (DI posted the phone number in another message).
|
| 1- make sure your Church purchased a package with FP extensions
| 2- if they did have Comcast re-install/check/install the extensions - IF
| they were installed they are likely broken now from ftp'ing.
| 3- then use Publish from now on (once it's fixed)
|

| | | I publish two web sites with comcast. One is personal and one for my
| | church. I set them up the same way about a year ago. The personal site
| has
| | always worked with http. The church site never would publish with http so
| | resorted to ftp with that site. Comcast site shows that I have the
| | extensions installed but they have never worked with the church site. Any
| | way I can fix that without having to start all over?
| |
| |
| | > extensions for your account. If
| | > they supported the FP extensions you would be using http to publish.
| | >
| | > --
| | > ==============================================
| | > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| | > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| | >
| | > FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| | > To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| | > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp

| web
| publish

| |