Color behind the icon text

Ayush

How can i set not to add color behind the icons when there is an Active Desktop item
on Desktop. I think that is because when there is a web item, you will not be able to
view the icon text clearly but i don't want that color behind text and i down want to
turn off icons or the web item either.

Rick Rogers

Hi,

Right click the desktop, click 'arrange icons by' and look at 'lock web
items'. If it is checked, click on it to uncheck it. If this fails, you may
need to go to display properties and on the desktop tab go to customize and
uncheck web items on the desktop.

A third possible cause is the option to use the drop shadows in the advanced
performance settings, but this is not normally changed by most users.

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Ayush said:
How can i set not to add color behind the icons when there is an Active
Desktop item
on Desktop. I think that is because when there is a web item, you will not
be able to
view the icon text clearly but i don't want that color behind text and i
down want to
turn off icons or the web item either.

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

Ayush

I don't want to turn off and i already unchecked Locked web...
I think this is just a restriction (so that you can clearly see the icon text) and
can be turned off easily but how, i don't know..

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

Replied To :

: Hi,
:
: Right click the desktop, click 'arrange icons by' and look at 'lock web
: items'. If it is checked, click on it to uncheck it. If this fails, you may
: need to go to display properties and on the desktop tab go to customize and
: uncheck web items on the desktop.
:
: A third possible cause is the option to use the drop shadows in the advanced
: performance settings, but this is not normally changed by most users.
:
: --
: Best of Luck,
:
: Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
:
: "Ayush" <ayushmaan.j[aatt]gmail.com> wrote in message
: : > How can i set not to add color behind the icons when there is an Active
: > Desktop item
: > on Desktop. I think that is because when there is a web item, you will not
: > be able to
: > view the icon text clearly but i don't want that color behind text and i
: > down want to
: > turn off icons or the web item either.
: >
: > --
: >> Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]
: >