code 19/cd drives inoperative

Garrett

The CD-RW and DVD roms have both quit working and there
is no way to possibly fix this error. They had just
stopped working. And i'm not stupid with computers
either. So... the drives are HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B and
HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8160B. This means I can't even
reinstall win xp. I am completely stumped and would
appreciate any comment or help.

Mark S.

Garrett said:
The CD-RW and DVD roms have both quit working and there
is no way to possibly fix this error. They had just
stopped working. And i'm not stupid with computers
either. So... the drives are HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B and
HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8160B. This means I can't even
reinstall win xp. I am completely stumped and would
appreciate any comment or help.

See if this will help you:

http://aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip

Mark S

Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
vista DVD-rom code 19 error fix

The solution Mark S provided below worked great with Windows Vista as well. I had the same error code (CODE 19) due to a corrupted installation of Nero 7.7.5.1 and tried so many registry fixes with no sucess.

Finally thanks to Mark S I was able to get my Vista back on track and saved me the trouble of re-installing everything from scratch.

Regards,
rroberto

Mark S. said:
"Garrett" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The CD-RW and DVD roms have both quit working and there
> is no way to possibly fix this error. They had just
> stopped working. And i'm not stupid with computers
> either. So... the drives are HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B and
> HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8160B. This means I can't even
> reinstall win xp. I am completely stumped and would
> appreciate any comment or help.

See if this will help you:

http://aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip

Mark S

Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
The solution Mark S provided below worked great with Windows Vista as well. I had the same error code (CODE 19) due to a corrupted installation of Nero 7.7.5.1 and tried so many registry fixes with no sucess.

Finally thanks to Mark S I was able to get my Vista back on track and saved me the trouble of re-installing everything from scratch.

Regards,
rroberto

Mark S. said:
"Garrett" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The CD-RW and DVD roms have both quit working and there
> is no way to possibly fix this error. They had just
> stopped working. And i'm not stupid with computers
> either. So... the drives are HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B and
> HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8160B. This means I can't even
> reinstall win xp. I am completely stumped and would
> appreciate any comment or help.

See if this will help you:

http://aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip

Mark S

Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
The solution Mark S provided below worked great with Windows Vista as well. I had the same error code (CODE 19) due to a corrupted installation of Nero 7.7.5.1 and tried so many registry fixes with no sucess.

Finally thanks to Mark S I was able to get my Vista back on track and saved me the trouble of re-installing everything from scratch.

Regards,
rroberto

Mark S. said:
news:[email protected]...