Clocks go forward tonight

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just a reminder that British Summer Time is almost here - hurrah :D.

At 1AM tomorrow morning (26th March 2017), clocks go forward an hour.

I'm glad they do this on a Sunday so we can have a lie in to catch up :).

Reaction score
Changing the clocks go back to WW1 and WW2 I do not see any real reason that we should not be on GMT all the year round, apart from anything else it buggers up my body clock and there does not seem to be any real reason to change the clocks now any way:mad:. Scotland, Ireland and Wales can do what they want but England should adhere to GMT.:thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
The change also throws the cats' body-clocks out; they look for their meals an hour "later" or "earlier" depending on whether the clocks have gone forward or back.

Huh, I guess I hadn't thought about this consequence before! Well at least in the spring they get their food an hour earlier than they are expecting ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Load of ol cods innit? Should be scrapped, I really can't see the point.

We all get messed about for the sake of a few farmers? Why can't our resident Mr Giles' change their working day timetable to suit the rising and the setting of the sun? Makes more sense I think.

Today I feel extraordinarily tired, I had drawn up a list of around ten chores, of which so far I've managed one. Still, who cares? :D

Reaction score

We all get messed about for the sake of a few farmers? Why can't our resident Mr Giles' change their working day timetable to suit the rising and the setting of the sun? Makes more sense I think.

Today I feel extraordinarily tired, I had drawn up a list of around ten chores, of which so far I've managed one. Still, who cares? :D

Most farmers have dirty great lamps on their tractors

Reaction score

Strange, things you did a couple of years ago and did without thinking, now seem to take ages to do now and you don't get them all done now. Getting older is a bugger. I don't know where the energy gone.:confused:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
We have a bug collector to blame for this tosh? My goodness.

Energy back to normal today, didn't rise til 09:10. Then realised I had a dentists appointment at 10:20 :eek:

This getting older thing - I'm not as strong or agile as I once was but generally speaking energy levels and enthusiasm mostly still there, guess I'm lucky.

Today so far: Dentist - filling x 1; Spray final coat of mint green to a turntable baseplate; VAT return including 3 months petty cash; Invoice x 1; Prescription request letter. Coffee time :cool:

Reaction score
Well I have two dogs that insist I walk them at least three times a day ( two times off lead) the first two walks are in the countryside in fields where they can run. Taz the older dog is a hunter so is always sniffing and only runs if there is a pray at the end of it, Max the blind collie dog when he is in fields will run and run he probably runs at least 5 miles to our 2 1/2 miles then the evening walk is about a mile on leads. So you can see why I am knackered at the end of the day and sleep soundly.:eek::nod::lol:

Last edited:

Ask a Question