Clocks go BACK this weekend.... :(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Happy Winter

30 Oct 2016 - Daylight Saving Time Ends

25s5t3d.jpg

Sunday, 30 October 2016, 02:00:00 clocks are turned backward 1 hour to
Sunday, 30 October 2016, 01:00:00 local standard time instead.

Yay. :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder if they'll ever get rid of changing the time? Seems like it should be one of those constants not to be meddled with (as co-coordinating things gets pretty confusing when other countries change zones at different times).

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I really wish they would quit messing with the hour too. @floppybootstomp's Native American gent, illustrates it so well. :lol:

It seems to take ages to adjust to the hour going backwards and forwards. The cats don't know that it has happened, so are shouting for their meals an hour "earlier" or "later" (and are probably thinking: "The service is deteriorating around here!") We humans are also feeling the need to eat at the "wrong" times.

Look at the folk who live in places such as Alaska - just for example. They have learned to live with the very limited amount of daylight they get through the winter months, just as they live with 24 hour daylight during summer. (I follow a family of YouTubers who happen to be living in Alaska, hence my interest.) So does "saving" an hour really matter that much?

....grumble, grumble, mutter, mutter... :D

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Look at the folk who live in places such as Alaska - just for example. They have learned to live with the very limited amount of daylight they get through the winter months, just as they live with 24 hour daylight during summer.

That's me — almost. Take a look (Helsinki):

Core

noot, noot
Reaction score
The DST change always throws me off. Regardless of which direction it gets changed, I always seem to be all groggy and "out of sync" with the world throughout the following day.

Reaction score
Changing the clocks is a complete waste of time. we should stay with GMT, the war time need for the need of changing the clocks disapeard in 1945 after the WW2 it is a time wasting exercise which also mucks our own body clocks up. We should start a petition to parliament to revert to GMT.

darcy

Enjoyin' the Breeze
Reaction score
We do not set our clocks back until the 1st weekend in November,,

though I admit, ~ 'tis several days 'til all clocks are changed;
so, 'twill be 1 time setting in kitchen, and another in living room, ~ and sometimes even 2 time zones in living room, as cable clock changes automatically whilst wall clock does not, lol :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It seems daft that the UK and US don't change their clocks at the same time, it doesn't make sense to stagger it. I suppose if you're going to do something illogical, may as well implement it in an illogical way too :rolleyes:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
It seems to take ages to adjust to the hour going backwards and forwards.

I have to say that changing the time by one hour has never caused me any problems whatsoever. Likewise when I travel and the time difference is one hour or even two hours. I must be the lucky one as most others here complain about it. :)

It has to be four hours or more before I can feel any different the following day.

My main gripe is the number of clocks that need changing and there is always one that I forget. :D

Plus the one on the central heating system. :D

Reaction score
I am so glad we had this Thread as to be honest I forgot whether I should put the clocks back or forwards I knew I should I should do one or other:confused: Now I know:cheers:

Reaction score
I wish they would leave the clocks alone and just keep to GMT all year round and be done with it.

darcy

Enjoyin' the Breeze
Reaction score
It seems daft that the UK and US don't change their clocks at the same time, it doesn't make sense to stagger it. I suppose if you're going to do something illogical, may as well implement it in an illogical way too :rolleyes:
Lol!
Well,, I am not liking the time change, that is for certain!

Ask a Question