C

Colin Nash [MVP]

Tim said:
Can anyone tell me how to uninstall Client Service for Netware as it is
preventing me using the more colourful! log in screen which I quite like
sadly!

thanks,

TJ.

1.. Open Network Connections (Start > Control Panel > Network Connections)
2.. Highlight the Local Area Connection entry where the Novell Client for
NT/2000 is being used.
3.. Click Properties to bring up the properties dialog for that
connection.
4.. Highlight the Novell Client for Windows entry in the connection
properties.
5.. Press the Uninstall button. Windows will confirm that you want to
remove the Novell Client for Windows from all connections and not just the
current connection.
6.. Answer Yes to this prompt and the Novell Client for Windows and
dependent Windows network services will be removed.

This may result in you being unable to log in, if you actually use a
Novell-based network... so be careful and, if applicable, contact your IT
department/network admin if you aren't sure.

Reaction score
Welcome Screen Fix

Tim said:
Can anyone tell me how to uninstall Client Service for Netware as it is
preventing me using the more colourful! log in screen which I quite like
sadly!

thanks,

TJ.

Mike56 said:
Hi Tim. I had this same problem for 6 months before finding help. To uninstall Client Services for Netware click START/SETTINGS/CONTROL PANEL/NETWORK CONNECTIONS. On your LOCAL AREA CONNECTION right click it, go to properties and click it, highlight 'CLIENT SERVICES for NETWARE' and click the 'UNINSTALL' button below. Click 'OK' and you should be set to go to your USER ACCOUNTS and activate the WELCOME SCREEN.

Good Luck, Tim

Mike

Reaction score
Im Stuck!!

Im trying to uninstall client service for netware, so i can too get the better looking start up screen, but i followed the steps and i dont appear to have a client for windows connection in my network bit, i had one similar so i uninstalled that but the problem still hasnt been resolved! Any solutions?? xx

Reaction score
This was posted a while ago, so it's probably resolved, but just in case:

If your "Netware client service" is not showing up in your Local Area Connection (or whichever network connection you use), it is being hidden by a service with a similar name. To access the list of services on your pc, go to Start > Run, and type

services.msc

This will open up the list of all the services on your pc. Go through the list untill you find the service relating to Netware client, i'm 99% sure it has the same name.
Once you've found it, right click on it and select "stop". Once it's stopped, right click and open it's properties, and change it's status from Automatic to Disabled.

Reboot your PC.

When you access your Local Area Connection properties now, you should be able to see the "Netware Client Service". Click on this and then click 'Uninstall'.

Reboot PC.

You should now be able to get into the user account control from Control Panel, and change the way users log on/off. :)

Reaction score
problemo

I have this same problem, but after i had done all these steps, described as here abeove, nothing happens, but one thing about the last thread wich one step saod:
"Once you've found it, right click on it and select "stop".
i tried to do this but only hting i could do was "start", but if i tried to do that there came an error:2,system can not locate the path specified.....waht should i do? i want the better welcome screen!

Reaction score
From the sounds of the error you're getting it's not the same problem... Netware isn't simply installed and hiding it, there's an actual problem with it.

If you open the properties on your Local Area Connection and hit the 'Install' button, then choose 'client'. See if you can manually install the client services for netware again. If you can, reboot the PC after then follow the steps above again.

Let us know how you go.

Reaction score
Hi tat works well when i uninstall the client service for netware but my internet page is not loading ...pls giv a solution...

Ask a Question