From: "H" <[email protected]>
Subject: Client Drive Mapping
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:35:01 +0100
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients

Hi,

I've just added a win2003 server to my SBS network to use as a terminal
server. The clients connect over the internet using remote desktop.

I would like to map the clients local drives within terminal services, but
this doesn't seem to work. Is this a limitation of an SBS-network? Or is it
because drives c: (system) d: y: and z: are already in use on the server?

Any help appreciated.

-H
----

What version of the RDP client is your client systems using? I would not think the SBS domain would have anything to do
with this, unless we have a GPO to prevent this. As long as we have drive mapping enabled on the Windows 2003 server,
the client is using the latest Remote Desktop client, which you can obtain from the site below, and the clients are set to allow
drive mapping this should work.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/rdclientdl.asp

On the server go to Terminal Services Configuration from Administrative Tools, click on Connections on the left, then right
click on RDP-Tcp on the right and select Properties from the context menu. Go to the Client Settings tab and make sure
Drive Mapping is NOT checked in the "Disable the following:" section at the bottom.

On the client run Remote Desktop Connection and click the Options button. On the Local Resources tab make sure Disk
Drives IS checked in the "Connect automatically to these local devices when logged on to the remote computer:" section at
the bottom.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.