Clearing clipboard at startup

G

I have Win XP and WORD 2002 (XP) -- when I do a copy (ctrl-C) from some other window (or print screen) then open WORD, and do ctrl-V to paste it, either I get nothing or the letter v. If I go back to the other window, do the ctrl-c again, then back to WORD and do ctrl-v, it works fine. I have Win2000 and WORD 2000 on another machine and WORD does not clear the clipboard at startup. With the XP one, if I do Edit and "open Office clipboard" right after WORD opens, my copied stuff if not there, but there are always 2 graphics-looking entries (one just colors and shapes, one looks like an "A" in multiple colors) -- what are these? If I clear all from the clipboard, close WORD and then re-open WORD, the two myster entries are there again. When WORD opens, I can see the taskbars with the paste icon activated, and then just at the last minute before the hourglass goes away and the keyboard/cursor is released, the paste icon gets greyed out. If this is an option some place, tell me how I can turn it off so that my clipboard entries do not get cleared when WORD opens. (Excel opens just fine and does not clear the previously copied item.)

G

Graham Mayor

Is this version of Word part of the Works suite? If so, uninstall the Works
add-in from Windows > control panel > add & remove programs.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP
E-mail (e-mail address removed)
Web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site www.mvps.org/word
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>

Ask a Question