Cleanspl tcp/ip printing port unavailable

Tony the Tiger

I've had a problem with the print spooler on a windows 2003 server.
I used the cleanspl.exe utility to clear everthing out and it worked,
except I cleared out the tcp/ip standard printer port also (careless),
now when I go in to create a new standard tcp/ip printer port it is
greyed out. Does anyone know how to undo the damage done by the
cleanspl.exe utility. How to you actually re-install all components
accociated with tcp/ip printing. If anyone knows a solution to this I
will be impressed ?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Alan Morris\(MSFT\)

the three files you need still exist in system32 ( tcpmon.dll, tcpmib.dll,
and tcpmonui.dll ) you can edit your registry entry and add the monitor back
(cleanspl basically just deletes the reg entries ).

If you have any Win2k or greater system handy you can export the Standard
TCP/IP Port key and import to the other machine. Even if you do not export
this key if you can look at this key for guidance when adding back the entry
it is helpful.
stop and start spooler

if not, locate
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitor\

Add key
Standard TCP/IP Port
Add String Value; value name=Driver; value data=tcpmon.dll

under Standard TCP/IP Port
Add Key
Ports
Add three Dwords in Ports (I am listing the value data in decimal)
LprAckTimeout value data= 180
StatusUpdateEnabled value data= 1
StatusUpdateInterval value data= 10

stop and start spooler

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

Tony the Tiger

Tony the Tiger said:
I've had a problem with the print spooler on a windows 2003 server.
I used the cleanspl.exe utility to clear everthing out and it worked,
except I cleared out the tcp/ip standard printer port also (careless),
now when I go in to create a new standard tcp/ip printer port it is
greyed out. Does anyone know how to undo the damage done by the
cleanspl.exe utility. How to you actually re-install all components
accociated with tcp/ip printing. If anyone knows a solution to this I
will be impressed ?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Excellent all is working thanks very much Alan.

Alan Morris\(MSFT\)

I guess your impressed? I am glad it still works. It's been a while since
I have done this.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team