CLEANED UP - - Missing or corrupted DxSetup.exe

CurlySue

I have a Missing or corrupted DxSetup.exe problem...

http://i31.tinypic.com/e86fzo.png

....and I recall seeing this same error message once, perhaps twice in the 2
or 3 months.

This same DxSetup.exe error message occurred when I was attempting to
install non-essential software programs. And when the (above) error message
window popped up, I chose to terminate the installation and delete the
non-essential software program.

Currently, this DxSetup.exe error message occurs when I try to install
Intel's Network Adapter Drivers 15.4.1 for Windows XP.

Back on 2010 April 29, I successfully installed Intel's Network Adapter
Drivers 15.2 for Windows XP, and did not have any problems - in other words,
I did not experience this DxSetup.exe error message.

My operating system is Windows XP SP3, 32-bit, up to date via Windows
Update, with the exception of Microsoft's Malicious Removal Tools, and
Internet Explorer 7 or 8. I have never allowed Windows Update to install any
Malicious Removal Tool, and because I only use Internet Explorer for Windows
Updates (my primary browser is Firefox 3.6 including its latest version and
updates), I find no value nor interest to upgrade to Internet Explorer 7 or
8.

According to Add or Remove Programs, I have the following Microsoft .NET
Frameworks installed...

1.1 - v1.1.4322
2.0 Service Pack 2 - v2.0.50727
3.0 Service Pack 2
3.5 Service Pack 1

....which is confirmed by ASoft .NET Version Detector 2007 as follows:

http://i26.tinypic.com/2i9toar.png

Upon reviewing the respective install LOG files...

http://i27.tinypic.com/33xwjus.png

....I found no apparent error messages.

The file dd_dotnetfx3error.txt is empty - and searching for the word "error"
in the dd_dotnetfx3install.txt file, produces only one reference...

[04/25/09,00:23:40] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: CRootComponent::Install():
MSIInstallProduct returned ERROR_SUCCESS.

The file dd_dotnetfx35error.txt is empty - and searching for the word
"error" in the dd_dotnetfx35install.txt file, produces the following