Cisco VPN Client not connecting - Help!

Reaction score
I have just set-up a wireless network so that I can use my Blueyonder 1Mb Cable broadband connection to connect to my work network.

I have a Belkin Wireless Pre-N Router, with a BT 802.11G Wireless laptop adapter.

A colleague who uses this program to connect using his own wireless broadband connection gave me the appropriate settings for the connection itself, but when I use Cisco VPN Client (V 4.0.5) to connect to the network, I get the following error:

"Secure VPN Connection Terminated locally by the client. Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding"

Both laptop and desktop are running WinXP.

I noticed the previous post on this subject, (https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-10351.php) but this did not resolve my problem. I have tried disabling all firewalls (on the Router and WindowsXP firewalls) but this does not help - the error message remains the same.

Do I need to set up anything on the security side of my router to pro-actively allow this connection?

Thanks
Tom

Reaction score
here is the error log from within Cisco when I try to connect:

Cisco Systems VPN Client Version 4.0.5 (C)
Copyright (C) 1998-2003 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Client Type(s): Windows, WinNT
Running on: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1

1 14:42:58.073 07/12/05 Sev=Warning/2 CVPND/0xA3400011
Error -14 sending packet. Dst Addr: 0xFFFFFFFF, Src Addr: 0xC0A80203 (DRVIFACE:1199).

thanks for any help you can offer

Reaction score
Thanks for anyone who was investigating this problem on my behalf - I have now resolved the problem.

(I had my colleague send through the 'profile' he was using and this seemed to work - so it was nothing to do with routers or firewalls).

Tom

Reaction score
Help on Cisco VPN Client W/ Belkin Pre-N Wireless

As a new member, I have not been able to send a private message yet. Looking for BBTom's configuration solution to the Cisco VPN using Client Belkin Pre-N Wireless issue. My version of the Cisco VPN Client is 4.8.01.0300.

Somebody said a firmware fix to 2.01.02 would do it, but I cannot find any firmware upgrades on the Belkin site.

Help anyone?

Reaction score
Belkin Problem Solved!

BBTom-- you need not reply-- Belkin solved my wireless issue with Cisco's VPN Client.

On a machine wired directly to the Belkin Pre-N router (not wireless) type in the following URL: 192.168.2.1. This will take you directly to the webpage of the firmware fix to install version 2.01.02. Follow the instructions for installation and that's it. My VPN now works like a charm.

Glad I found this thread and hope it helps others in my boat.

Ask a Question