chipset drivers for 64 bit OS

I have just installed Windows XP 64 bit version. Everything is running fine but I cant get 64 bit drivers for my Gigabyte motherboard ( GA-K8NNXP)chipset (Nvidia nForce3 150 chipset) and was wondering if I could install the XP drivers from the install disk.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Please post your question to the appropriate newsgroup:

Newsgroup Support for Windows for 64-Bit Extended Systems
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/64bit/extended/trial/support.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

| I have just installed Windows XP 64 bit version. Everything is running fine but I cant get 64 bit drivers
for my Gigabyte motherboard ( GA-K8NNXP)chipset (Nvidia nForce3 150 chipset) and was wondering if I could
install the XP drivers from the install disk.

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

DS said:
I have just installed Windows XP 64 bit version. Everything is running
fine but I cant get 64 bit drivers for my Gigabyte motherboard (
GA-K8NNXP)chipset (Nvidia nForce3 150 chipset) and was wondering if I could
install the XP drivers from the install disk.

You require drivers that we compiled for your specific CPU.
So no, the 32-bit Windows XP drivers are not compatible with either of the
different 64-bit Editions of Windows XP we have released (one is released,
one is in Beta)
Please in future state which you are using:-
Windows XP 64-bit Edition Version 2003 (for Intel Itanium II systems)
Windows XP 64-Bit Edition for 64-Bit Extended Systems (for AMD64 systems)

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights