PowerPoint charts missing in PowerPoint Converted to HTML

Reaction score
Hello,

I have developed a component which converts PPT2Flash for which the component first converts the PowerPoint to HTML format. The component is being used in a web application. This works fine if i run the application on local computer but the chart objects get missing when request is initiated by a remote user. Does it need any security settings...plz suggest the solution...

Details:
PowerPoint: PowerPoint 2003

Thanks in advance.

Rafiq

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
If you can share it here, someone may benefit, is it asking too much?

Reaction score
Hello,

Cool, I guess only i was intrested in such kinda issue coz goolgeled a lot but hardly came across any comprehensive solution. I was actually missing to set identity to PowerPoint presenteation DCOM component. The steps to do same are.

1. goto start->run and type DCOMCNFG
2. click on Component Service->Computers->My Computer->DCOM Config
3. select Microsoft PowerPoint from right side list view and click on properties
4. select Identity Tab now and click on This user radio button and the type Administrator user name and password.

Windows requires user with profile to function OLE Automation properly. However make sure that u set the macro security high in PowerPoint->Options->Security.

Hope this gives u an idea.

Thanks,
Rafiq

Ask a Question