changing system administrator settings

I am the only person that uses my computer and after doing a search to delete
temporary files, I went to IE, clicked on Tools and then clicked on Internet
options.
I got a pop up box stating,"This operation has been cancelled due to
restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system
administrator". I have not changed any settings and this has never happened
before.

I would like to know how to clear this "restriction" so I can access my
Internet options, to delete temporary files and clear the Cache

Don Varnau

Hi,
If you use Spybot S&D, open Spybot in Advanced mode and check the Immunize
settings. You may have placed this restriction inadvertently.

If not ... go to Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm Scroll down to
"Various Registry Fixes" There's a REG file which should unlock Internet
Options for you.

Next (same page) check for parasites and other malware which may have caused
this, if Spybot didn't.

Don
[MVP IE/OE]

"yorkie116" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Ricky

If you have used SpyBot's Immunize tool, see this:
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=faq&detail=24

Otherwise try here

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_fix_inetoptions_restrictions.htm