Changing Internet Settings

When trying to change internet settings (home page, deleting cookies,
clearing history) I get an error message that says 'You do not have
administrative priviledges to make this change'. I am using XP and I am set
up as the admin, so I don't know what else to do. My homepage is current set
as (about:blank). If anyone can provide some input, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Don Varnau

Hi,
If you use Spybot S&D, open Spybot in Advanced mode and check the Immunize
settings. You may have placed this restriction inadvertently.

If not ... go to Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm Scroll down to
"Various Registry Fixes"

Next (same page) check for parasites and other malware which may have caused
this, if Spybot didn't.

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"SMG" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...