Changing default email from outlook express to outlook

G

I imported my files and settings from my desktop (ME with outlook express as my default email) to my new laptop (XP PRO). Now I can't change my default email program to outlook (2002). I have tried "set program access and defaults on the start menu and the Outlook/tools/options/other menu

The problem is tied to trying to syncronize my quickbooks Pro and outook contacts. Quickbooks keeps telling me that outlook is not set as my default email program

G

My accounting software uses IE6 and needs it set as the default browser. After downloading some Hotfixes and other year end cleaning and upgrading, I had an unexpected surprise last week when the accounting software launched but nothing was visible on the screen. After a lot of work, I determined that this software was trying to launch IE, but couldn't because Netscape was set as the default....

which I though was solved by Set Program Access and Defaults, simply changing from Netscape as my default browser to IE6 under the Custom settings.
It was for a short while

Now, nothing seems to change the settings in the Set Program Access and Defaults Feature - it keeps going back to Custom every time. I have checked the puter with Norton (updated today), Spy S&D and AdAware. Nothing. And no accounting either.

I checked MSKB 328326 and found some info, but not enough to do regedit

Where in the Registry are these defaults located?

Ask a Question