Changing cell color with a formula?

R

roguegrafix

Hi All,

I'm a teacher taking class attendance. I keep track of the students attendance in Excel. Every time they miss, I enter a "1" in their row. I have a total column keeping score (i.e summing up their row). Is there anyway I can get this total cell (or the adjacent cell) to change color (eg from no color to red)when they reach a certain score (eg when the total =5 the cell changes to red).

Many thanks in advance.
Steve
Thailand

L

lhkittle

Hi All,

I'm a teacher taking class attendance. I keep track of the students attendance in Excel. Every time they miss, I enter a "1" in their row. I have a total column keeping score (i.e summing up their row). Is there anyway I can get this total cell (or the adjacent cell) to change color (eg from no color to red)when they reach a certain score (eg when the total =5 the cellchanges to red).

Many thanks in advance.

Steve

Thailand

Excel 2010.
Select cell
Under HOME click Conditional Fomatting
Click Highlight rules
Click Greater than
In the box enter 4
In the drop down to the left select th color
Click OK

Hope that helps.

Regards,Howard

L

lhkittle

Hi All,

I'm a teacher taking class attendance. I keep track of the students attendance in Excel. Every time they miss, I enter a "1" in their row. I have a total column keeping score (i.e summing up their row). Is there anyway I can get this total cell (or the adjacent cell) to change color (eg from no color to red)when they reach a certain score (eg when the total =5 the cellchanges to red).

Many thanks in advance.

Steve

Thailand

Acually the color selection is to the right.

R

roguegrafix

Awe

Acually the color selection is to the right.

Awesome!Using Excel 2003 but found everything as you described it under theformatting heading. Many, many thanks!

Ask a Question