Windows XP Change Windows domain

izu

Reaction score
HI I HAVE WIDOWS XP LAPTOP SP2 WHICH WAS IN REFERENT DOMAIN FROM ANOTHER ORGANIZATION.I TRIED TO JOIN THE LAPTOP TO OUR DOMAIN(NEW DOMAIN) BUT FAILED THE PROBLEM IS IT POSSIBLE TO RETURN THE LAPTOP TO THE PREVIOUS DOMAIN EVEN IF ITS NOT CONNECTED TO THAT DOMAIN.tHANKS

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
You need the domain controller available to authenticate the Domain join. Most of the time, that requires a connection on the network you wish to join.

Configuring the machine as a workgroup machine would probably serve you best. Even if you need network resources, as long as you are connected to the network and have a valid IP for that network, you can use the \\sharename to access your data. It will prompt you to input the user and password information in the form of domain\username and password.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
HI I HAVE WIDOWS XP LAPTOP SP2 WHICH WAS IN REFERENT DOMAIN FROM ANOTHER ORGANIZATION.I TRIED TO JOIN THE LAPTOP TO OUR DOMAIN(NEW DOMAIN) BUT FAILED THE PROBLEM IS IT POSSIBLE TO RETURN THE LAPTOP TO THE PREVIOUS DOMAIN EVEN IF ITS NOT CONNECTED TO THAT DOMAIN.tHANKS

WELL THAT'S ROTTEN BAD LUCK ISN'T IT?

Please use lower case letters as all caps makes things difficult to read and online it's conceived as shouting which is kinda rood doncha know?

Good luck with your problem :)

izu

Reaction score
WELL THAT'S ROTTEN BAD LUCK ISN'T IT?

Please use lower case letters as all caps makes things difficult to read and online it's conceived as shouting which is kinda rood doncha know?

Good luck with your problem :)

I will do dat next time thankx

Ask a Question