Change the default from Sleep to Shutdown

best

Hi

Windows Vista Ultimate

How can change the default from "Sleep" mode to "Shutdown" mode when I click
Start > Shutdown ?

Thanks

Best

best

Guys

If you are willing to assist, please do not give half answer. Give either a
full anwer or none. "Control Panel - Power Options" and then what ?

Regards

Best

===

Nonny

Guys

If you are willing to assist, please do not give half answer. Give either a
full anwer or none. "Control Panel - Power Options" and then what ?

Check the first reply... it guided you to Help and Support for
"shutdown".

Or did you want someone to come over and click your mouse for you too?

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Jian-Ping Zhu [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

By default, Windows puts your computer to sleep when you click the Power
button. However, you can change the default setting so that clicking the
button causes your computer to sleep, hibernate, or shut down. (Any changes
you make will also apply to the physical power button on the computer
itself.) To change the default setting:

1. Open Control Panel -> Power Options.

2. On the 'Select a power plan' page, click 'Change plan settings' under
the selected plan.

3. On the 'Change settings for the plan' page, click 'Change advanced power
settings'.

4. On the 'Advanced settings' tab, expand 'Power buttons and lid', expand
'Start menu power button', and then do one of the following:
If you are using a mobile PC, click On battery or Plugged in (or both),
click the arrow, and then click Sleep, Hibernate, or Shut Down.
If you are using a desktop computer, click Setting, click the arrow, and
then click Sleep, Hibernate, or Shut Down.

5. Click OK, and then click Save changes.

I hope this helps. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Neo Zhu,
Microsoft Online Support

| From: =?Utf-8?B?YmVzdEBuZXdzLnBvc3RhbGlhcw==?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: Change the default from Sleep to Shutdown
| Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 11:11:03 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|
| Hi
|
| Windows Vista Ultimate
|
| How can change the default from "Sleep" mode to "Shutdown" mode when I
click
| Start > Shutdown ?
|
| Thanks
|
| Best

Larry Davis

Jian-Ping Zhu said:
[...]

That's the one that works. I had gotten there from the first clue "power Options" but couldn't remember how I had gotten there. When you change the setting from "sleep" to "shut down", then you click "apply", then "OK" and the whole thing disappears. Another example of non-intuitive Vista. You had to click on SIX different things to dig down to the actual setting from the Power Options page.

larrydonline

best

Thanks Jian-Ping for the detailed reply. I also would like to thank Dave who
provided me with the direction. It´s fixed now.

This note is for Nonny and Artfudd: please abstain from replying - even if
you know -whenever you see my posts under ´[email protected]´ and signed
with ´Best´. I would appreciate it.

Regards

Best

artfudd

No problem.. but you really should learn to accept help when it is given in good
faith.. If you still don't understand what to do after help is given, then a
polite request for more detailed help would be in order. I am glad you did get
the detailed instructions you apparently needed. I still think the tutorial link
I posted might also be of help.

Jian-Ping Zhu [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks again for using our products and hope you have a nice day!