change from docx to doc

Coffree drinker, confused

Once I change a document from docx to doc than I save it, it will not open. I
get an error message: Document is not a win32 application.. Why is this
happening and how to it correct it?

Susan Ramlet

Within Word, are you saving the file as a previous version of Word, by using
File, Save As?

Or are you simply renaming it?

A File, Save As should convert the file appropriately, where renaming
wouldn't.

--
Susan Ramlet

"Coffree drinker, confused" <Coffree drinker,
news:[email protected]...