Change domain password from computer not member in domain

Daniel Persson

Hi,

We have users that have a domain account but their computers are not member
in any domain. Our domain policy is that every account should change their
password every 3 month. How could these users change their password
themselves?

The server/domain is Windows 2003 and the clients are using Windows XP with
SP2.

Regards Daniel

Go to control Panel, user accounts, user accounts, click on the user name and
change password. If their computers aren't part of a domain then it should
allow them to change their passwords this way.

Joe

Kemco IT Professional

Vincent Xu [MSFT]

Hi Daniel,

In another thread you post, MVP gave the excellent answer, I past here for
your convenience.

======================

From: "Paul Williams [MVP]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Change domain password from computer not member in domain
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 09:42:27 +0100
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory

Do they access anything that requires their context such as Exchange or an
intranet site? If so, exchange will want a new password, and you can use
IIS to do what you want if you have an intranet site (IISADMINPWD).

Otherwise you're going to need to write a script that checks when the
password is going to expire and e-mails users and provides them with access
to an IIS server with IISADMINPWD.

--
Paul Williams
Microsoft MVP - Windows Server - Directory Services

===============================

Please follow this issue in that thread in the future to avoid any
conflict. Thanks.

Best regards,

Vincent Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

This and other support options are available here:
BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx.