Certificates

pmilliken

I erased all of the certificates listed in the Trusted
Root Certification Authorities tab under Internet Options
Content >Certificates

I now realize the error of my ways...Windows online update
will not work.

Does anyone know how to import the appropriate
certificates again?

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I understand that all the certificates listed in the ‘Trusted Root
Certification Authorities’ tab have been deleted.

Please try the following steps:

From another system of similar configuration, perform the following steps.

1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click on tools ->Internet options.
3. Click on contents tab.
4. Click on certificates button.
5. Click on ‘Trusted Root Certification Authorities’ tab.
6. Click on the first certificate, using shift key choose all the
certificates.
7. Click on Export button.
8. Specify a filename.
9. The certificates are stored by default on desktop with a .p7b extension.
10. Copy the file to the system that is missing the certificates.
11. Open the ‘Trusted Root Certification Authorities’ by following steps
1-5.
12. Click on import.
13. Specify the location of the copied file. Choose the file type to be
.p7b.
14. Click on Yes for each of the certificate import prompt.

Once all the certificates are imported, please check if you are able to
perform windows updates successfully.

I hope the above information helps. If there is anything unclear, please
feel free to let me know.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Rashmi