Centering Desktop Background

Lon

Using Display feature in Control Panel, I cannot center desktop background.
I run Windows, S/P 3, Explorer 8. Appreciate suggestions!

Jose

When you choose the background are you using one of the built in
images or you own image?

If it is your own image, have you tried a different image of your own
or is it just one particular image?

Can you center one of the built in XP backgrounds?

Have you tried several of the XP backgrounds to see if it is one image
or all images?

Is there and XP background that will not center, which one is it?

What happens if you try some of the other options, like Tile, Stretch,
etc.

Jose

George

Lon said:
Using Display feature in Control Panel, I cannot center desktop
background. I run Windows, S/P 3, Explorer 8. Appreciate suggestions!

Try the buttons on the monitor. Sounds like someone was playing with the
buttons on the front of the monitor?

Lon

I try both a built in background and one of my own. In the Display image in
control panel I can stretch and center image. When I hit apply, nothing
happens. Also, many of the images in "MY Pictures" are showing up as
selections I can make for the background.
When I use the centering command, nothing happens."Alan Edwards"

[...]

Ran three suggested malware programs. No change. Two people on same cpu have
no problem!!! I give up. Thanks for your time.

No. I'm the only one who gets near it. But what was your thinking?

So, is your problem is that you can't center built in XP backgrounds
but you can center your own pictures as backgrounds?

Certain malware can be the cause, so do this first:

Download, install, update and do a full scan with these three free
malware detection programs:

Malwarebytes (MBAM): http://malwarebytes.org/
SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS): http://www.superantispyware.com/
AVG (AVG): http://free.avg.com/