CD Writing Wizard Error

T

The Merg

I am using Windows XP with the built-in CD Writing Wizard. I am getting the error that the CD Writing Wizard Cannot Complete. I do not have any third party CD-Burner apps installed on my machine. I also have checked the MS Services app and the IMAPI CD-Burning service is what I think is giving me the problem. When set to manual it does not seem to stay on when burning a cd. It turns on when I copy files to the CD-RW, but when I start the burn process it turns off. If I put it on Automatic and then start the service, it will burn a CD the first time I try, but not after that. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
The Merg

T

The Merg

Well, I tried the suggestion in the article below and reinstalled the COM+ library. The cd-burning then worked for the first CD I tried, but then resorted to failing again. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
The Merg

--
Today's problems don't worry me,
I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

Have a look here it may resolve your problem
Mopping Up After IMAPI: Solving Windows Media Player Burning Issues
http://www.thegline.com/win2k/2005/11/mopping-up-after-imapi-solving-windows.html

Ask a Question