CD tray ejects on its own!

Neerav

windows xp sp1 and sp2.
i have a samsung cd writer and since a few days it keeps on ejecting and
entering back on its own. also it doesnot seem to read cds when inserted but
simply ejects them out. ater a few tries it does read the cds. today it
ejected on its own while booting up! i have checked for viruses with latest
updates of AVG 7 personal and for spyware with Adaware and Spybot. there
were no viruses, trojon's or spyware found.
anyhelp?
thanks in advance.
Neerav

David H. Lipman

It certainly sounds like the Geshenk joke file.

Have you tried a replacement drive ?

Dave

"Neerav" <NA> wrote in message | windows xp sp1 and sp2.
| i have a samsung cd writer and since a few days it keeps on ejecting and
| entering back on its own. also it doesnot seem to read cds when inserted but
| simply ejects them out. ater a few tries it does read the cds. today it
| ejected on its own while booting up! i have checked for viruses with latest
| updates of AVG 7 personal and for spyware with Adaware and Spybot. there
| were no viruses, trojon's or spyware found.
| anyhelp?
| thanks in advance.
| Neerav

Bruce Chambers

Neerav said:
windows xp sp1 and sp2.
i have a samsung cd writer and since a few days it keeps on ejecting
and entering back on its own. also it doesnot seem to read cds when
inserted but simply ejects them out. ater a few tries it does read
the cds. today it ejected on its own while booting up! i have
checked
for viruses with latest updates of AVG 7 personal and for spyware
with Adaware and Spybot. there were no viruses, trojon's or spyware
found. anyhelp?
thanks in advance.
Neerav

While there is one joke virus that does this, the most common
cause I've seen for this actiivity is a defective CD drive.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

having
both at once. - RAH

Neerav

my cd drive is still under warranty. should i go to the manufacturer.