CD burning problems...need advice

ptz

Reaction score
cdrw probs

Hi again, latest Nero is 5.10, seems as good as it ever was, the piont I was trying to make about running roxio platinium in XP is that running two copies of it could screw things up a bit, anyway has anybody had power calibration errors on their cdrw drive? If yes any solutions would be helpful. Was hoping that slowing down write and read speeds would rectify it, it hasn't and I want to write as fast as drive goes (52x), could be another bitter pill to swallow if I have to slow it all down. Drive has been tested as working.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
'fraid I'm stumped with that problem, ptz, can't think of any solutions except perhaps don't run the Roxio stand alone software with XP and try a different recording media perhaps, a name brand CD-R if you're not already.

And btw, Nero 6 is out now, but you can't upgrade your current version unless you bought a version of 5.5 after May 2003.

It actually looks like it's worth having, some dandy new features in there.

I've never paid for a version of Nero, have always upgraded the OEM version that comes with burners.

You can, however, download a demo of V6.0.

Reaction score
Re: cdrw probs

Originally posted by ptz
Hi again, latest Nero is 5.10, seems as good as it ever was, the piont I was trying to make about running roxio platinium in XP is that running two copies of it could screw things up a bit ...

The version of Nero i have is called 'Nero 6 Ultra Edition'

I think you're right about having Roxio Easy Cd clashing with the inbuilt Roxio on XP...I just tried installing latest version of that and it stopped my PC booting properly. I've removed it and intend to stick with the Nero.

ptz

Reaction score
Your not the only person on the planet I can think of that that has happened to, Roxio 6 seems ok but version 5 has probs with xp, I think, all the other cd burning progs I have tried seem to be ok. Alcohol 120% seems to be good,reminds me of clonecd crossed with adaptec software, you will need cd protection detection software if you want to copy cd's with it, try cloney xll. Going to try out the virtual drive and file copying with it next, will let you know how it fares.

Ask a Question