Carriage returns in a document.



I am trying to remove the carriage returns from a document but leave in the
carriage return that denotes a paragraph. I know I can find and remove all
of them but I want to leave in the double carriage return that denotes the
paragraph. Any ideas?



Suzanne S. Barnhill

No, you don't want to leave in "the double carriage return that denotes the
paragraph." What denotes a paragraph is a single paragraph mark. Search for
^p^p and replace with ^p until you get no further replacements. Then Ctrl+A
and Ctrl+0 to add 12 pts Space Before (or add Space Before/After in Format |
Paragraph). This is the correct way to separate paragraphs.

Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question