Capital Punishment For Cop Killers?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
A woman police officer was shot dead earlier today by armed robbers in Bradford, with another critically injured.

I know it happens in many other countries, but we arn't used to this here in the UK- particularly against women officers.

I have to say this incident has upset me a great deal, and I feel deeply for their families.

I believe we should re-introduce the death sentence for Cop Killers.

I was just wondering what others feel...

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
A woman police officer was shot dead earlier today by armed robbers in Bradford, with another critically injured.

I know it happens in many other countries, but we arn't used to this here in the UK- particularly against women officers.

I have to say this incident has upset me a great deal, and I feel deeply for their families.

I believe we should re-introduce the death sentence for Cop Killers.

I was just wondering what others feel...

An eye for an eye. All killers should get the death sentence Period!

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
itsme said:
An eye for an eye. All killers should get the death sentence Period!
My initial reaction too ItsMe, I don't suffer the "ethics" argument, but there is one thing which stops me cold!

That's the prospect of GENUINE mis-carriages of justice, and by that I mean the WRONG person is found guilty, not these cases where people get off due to "technicalities". I think we probably all know about cases where evidence is made to fit the scene (if you catch my theme!)

Well you did ask ...

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
If found guilty by todays standards of DNA and CCTV then yes ..

The death penalty.....It would act as a deterrent without doubt.

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Now now... they need to be tortured first!

I agree 100% with that comment. To a deranged person who is capable of such acts... death is merley an escape. I feel that they sould be worked to death repaying thier debt to society. A broken man on death row is much more fitting.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Like the idea of torture first Chris! :thumb: - coming to the conclusion that death is too good for them - maybe just keep them painfully alive for years?:mad:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I see the police have just had a press conference and announced details of the dead police woman:

she only joined the regular police in February, was 38 years old, married with 3 children and 2 step-children. It was her youngest daughters 4th birthday the day she died.

I feel like crying....:(

Reaction score
I don't think carrying handguns would help, because then we would be just like america, i.e a shotgun in every squadcar and a 'shoot first, ask questions later' rambo type force. This upset me too, but i reckon death would be the easy way out.

Btw the killers have now been caught in London! Any bets as to the sentece?

I reckon 30 years, but will be released after 5 years for good behaviour or some other crap like they usually are :(

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
Btw the killers have now been caught in London!

Not so fast PotGuy - they have been arrested in connection with the murder only at this stage, we will have to wait and see if the're actually involved.
I believe that 3 men took part in the robbery...

Reaction score
PotGuy said:
I don't think carrying handguns would help, because then we would be just like america, i.e a shotgun in every squadcar and a 'shoot first, ask questions later' rambo type force. This upset me too, but i reckon death would be the easy way out.

Btw the killers have now been caught in London! Any bets as to the sentece?

I reckon 30 years, but will be released after 5 years for good behaviour or some other crap like they usually are :(

Is that before or after we end up infringing their human rights put them up in a 3 star jail with colour tv's and 3 weeks holiday a year until released so they can sue the goverment because they couldn't get sky tv.

to hell with that fry em!!

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Not so fast PotGuy - they have been arrested in connection with the murder only at this stage, we will have to wait and see if the're actually involved.
I believe that 3 men took part in the robbery...
Oooops I speak too soon - they have also arrested 3 men in London as well - sorry PotGuy!:blush:

bellator said:
Is that before or after we end up infringing their human rights put them up in a 3 star jail with colour tv's and 3 weeks holiday a year until released so they can sue the goverment because they couldn't get sky tv.

to hell with that fry em!!
Must say I sympathise with your comments here bellator - does seem we bend over backwards sometimes with our fairness, maybe one of the penalties of being a 'civilised' society...:rolleyes:

Reaction score
i think in government the word 'fairness' has now been replaced by the words 'political correctness' and 'compensation'

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
If it was possible to prove guilt beyond ANY doubt whatsoever then I'm afraid I would be opting for the death penalty, If it was my children murdered... then not only whould I want some torture thrown in I would probably want to be there to help.

But in this imperfect world... well you can see my opinions & experiences on itsme's thread "what are your views."

The scary thing, one of those 3 murderers (in the case I discussed) was a physed student, right now he is out there teaching somebodys children...
Despite 30 witnesses & a signed confession not one of those 3 was ever charged (they were even brought in as witnesses against the accused)! Race/class bigotry? maybe, the fact that one of the boy's fathers was on the city council probably didn't hurt. Anyway... they "had their man" someone went to prison for it... that was all that mattered to the system.

Ask a Question