Can't start second browser session

Hi there,
When I go to start a second browser session on my windows xp pro
machine my first session gets the focus and goes to my home page. There
isn't a second instance of internet explorer in my task bar. This has never
happened to me before. Why can't I have two separate internet explorer
sessions opened at once? Thanks in advance.

Don Varnau

Hi,
From IE> Tools> Internet Options> Advanced> Browsing> uncheck "Reuse windows
for launching shortcuts."

And... you may have a toolbar or program running which is blocking
pop-up windows- something like Yahoo Companion, Google toolbar, MSN toolbar,
etc.
Yahoo Companion is a very common cause.

You'll have to turn off the feature that's blocking new windows or, perhaps,
uninstall the program.

If you're sure that another program isn't causing this, these links should
help.
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm Tips #21 & 46
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/26.html
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/27.html

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"benthanger[at]online.nospam"

I posted a couple days ago. We are having the same problem. Internet
Explorer will not allow two windows open at the same time. I have done the
unchecking of the reuse for shortcut and that is not the problem. My husband
is about to repair Windows to see if that fixes it. It is a problem that
happens in normal mode, but not safe mode. We have done Hijack This (totally
clean), Spybot, AdAware and a virus scan. There is no malware problem
causing this.

I'd like to figure out the problem.
--
Heather Jones

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
From IE> Tools> Internet Options> Advanced> Browsing> uncheck "Reuse windows
[...]

PA Bear

Please post the URL pointing to the forum thread where you've posted your
HijackThis log.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Heather said:
I posted a couple days ago. We are having the same problem. Internet
Explorer will not allow two windows open at the same time. I have done
the unchecking of the reuse for shortcut and that is not the problem. My
husband is about to repair Windows to see if that fixes it. It is a
problem that happens in normal mode, but not safe mode. We have done
Hijack This (totally clean), Spybot, AdAware and a virus scan. There is
no malware problem causing this.

I'd like to figure out the problem.
Hi,
From IE> Tools> Internet Options> Advanced> Browsing> uncheck "Reuse
windows for launching shortcuts."

[...]

Is Yahoo Toolbar listed in add/remove programs or IE> View> Toolbars?

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Heather Jones" wrote in message
I posted a couple days ago. We are having the same problem. Internet
Explorer will not allow two windows open at the same time. I have done the
unchecking of the reuse for shortcut and that is not the problem. My husband
is about to repair Windows to see if that fixes it. It is a problem that
happens in normal mode, but not safe mode. We have done Hijack This (totally
clean), Spybot, AdAware and a virus scan. There is no malware problem
causing this.

I'd like to figure out the problem.
From IE> Tools> Internet Options> Advanced> Browsing> uncheck "Reuse windows