can't set the font type

Jessie

Who can help me ?
1, I set the font in ARIAL for sending email .
But when it's received by other people , it showed in Times New roman .
I was so crazy and don't how to do and waiting for favor .

2, when setting the signature , can't set the font and size

3, the contact person can't be completed automatically .

Above troubles , I wonder that it's caused by my wrong setting or nature
imperfection by WINDOW MAILS . Very disappointed about this .

Steve Cochran

Make sure you are not using stationery that dictates the font in the BODY tag. Also, the fonts can only be set in HTML messages and not in plain text messages. For the signature, you would need an HTML file that specifies the font.

steve

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Steve already answered your first two questions. As to the third:

That feature is known as the auto-completion.
Windows Mail does not auto-complete from your regular contacts.
It uses a separate list of the last 29 recipients you've sent mail to.

The newer replacement mail program, Windows Live Mail, uses the
standard contacts list for auto-completion. If auto-completion is
important to you, upgrade to the newer program:

http://download.live.com/wlmail

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Jessie" wrote in message
Who can help me ?
1, I set the font in ARIAL for sending email .
But when it's received by other people , it showed in Times New roman .
I was so crazy and don't how to do and waiting for favor .

2, when setting the signature , can't set the font and size

3, the contact person can't be completed automatically .

Above troubles , I wonder that it's caused by my wrong setting or nature
imperfection by WINDOW MAILS . Very disappointed about this .

Jessie

Thank you .
I'm sure I use the HTML and set the font in Arial , but when writing a new
email or replying , the font is still in Times New roman.

For the signature , there's no HTML file , only a blank that you can
creating , no other choice .

Steve Cochran

When composing a new message or a reply, go to Format | HTML . Then when you click in the message window, you can set the font and size using the formatting toolbar.

steve

Gary VanderMolen

Verify that your desired default font is set under Tools, Options, Compose.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)