can't send via bellsouth newsgroup

~alan HDX~

Hi,
I bought a new laptop with Vista 64 bit and am setting It up, etc. I havae
a problem with the newsgroup part of windows mail. I have my old laptop
still, and it still posts to the newsgroups so it isn't that Bellsouth isn't
supporting the newsgroup now. they are going to close it next month.
I have the same settings for the account in both laptops.
The other one is running XP pro.
When I set up the acct on this one, the Vista one, the headers came in as
usual. Everything works as usual, except when I click on send, it doesn't
send. I get an error message instead.
Is there a hidden trick somewhere? I searched the net and one guy had the
same problem and resolved it by changing the mimo to uuncode, or something
like that, I forget exactly what they were, but I found it on my system, and
made the change but it didn't fix mine.
thanks for any ideas.
Alan

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Windows Mail has its own news group and is not germaine to Outlook. Please
repost to a group for Windows Mail.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, ~alan HDX~ asked:

| Hi,
| I bought a new laptop with Vista 64 bit and am setting It up, etc.
| I havae a problem with the newsgroup part of windows mail. I have my
| old laptop still, and it still posts to the newsgroups so it isn't
| that Bellsouth isn't supporting the newsgroup now. they are going to
| close it next month.
| I have the same settings for the account in both laptops.
| The other one is running XP pro.
| When I set up the acct on this one, the Vista one, the headers came
| in as usual. Everything works as usual, except when I click on send,
| it doesn't send. I get an error message instead.
| Is there a hidden trick somewhere? I searched the net and one guy
| had the same problem and resolved it by changing the mimo to uuncode,
| or something like that, I forget exactly what they were, but I found
| it on my system, and made the change but it didn't fix mine.
| thanks for any ideas.
| Alan

Roady [MVP]

Newsgroups are not part of Outlook but of Windows Mail, Outlook Express,
Windows Live Mail or any other 3rd party newsgroup reader software you are
using. I'd recommend you post in a newsgroup for that application instead.
Don't leave out the exact error you get either.

You can access these newsgroups directly as well by setting your newsreader
to;
msnews.microsoft.com

~averatek~

thanks for the heads up,
I'll post there,
Please accempt my apology for posting here.
Alan