cant send and receive mail

SIANI

--

HI

i am also having problems with sending an receiving mail,could anybody
please help ??

This is the error message that appears -

-- The host 'smtp.fsworld.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly.
Subject 'Re: RE ; BULLDOG ', Account: 'pop.fsworld.co.uk', Server:
'smtp.fsworld.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

The host 'pop.fsworld.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have
entered the server name correctly.
Account: 'pop.fsworld.co.uk', Server: 'pop.fsworld.co.uk', Protocol: POP3,
Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

causing me major problems.

PLEASE HELP !!

Gary VanderMolen

According to
http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/s...wardrendererurl.jsp?DocId=480931&fromnew=true

you should be using the server names
pop.orangehome.co.uk and smtp.orangehome.co.uk
Do not use advanced port numbers or the SSL option.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"SIANI" wrote in message

--

HI

i am also having problems with sending an receiving mail,could anybody
please help ??

This is the error message that appears -

-- The host 'smtp.fsworld.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly.
Subject 'Re: RE ; BULLDOG ', Account: 'pop.fsworld.co.uk', Server:
'smtp.fsworld.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

The host 'pop.fsworld.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have
entered the server name correctly.
Account: 'pop.fsworld.co.uk', Server: 'pop.fsworld.co.uk', Protocol: POP3,
Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

causing me major problems.

PLEASE HELP !!

SIANI

--
dear gary

i would like to thank you so much for your help,i appreciate it very much.
my emails are now in working order. If there were not the likes of youself
taking the time to help the likes of me who is not very IT literate many
compurters would be out of use or we would need to pay PC world alot of money
!! you speak in layman terms not in IT babble. I think your advise is top
quality and anybody having difficulty would be in good hands of they were to
turn to yourself.

very much appreciated.

siani

Gary VanderMolen

Thanks for the kudos. Glad to be able to help.