Can't see digital camera after installing new hard drive

G

To cope with the vast collection of big fat images I've collected I recently added a 250 Gb hard drive into my XP computer. The new hard drive assumed the drive letter "H:" and is working fine

Now when I plug in my Fuji S2 via firewire, it beeps and shows up in the windows device manager under a new name ("Fujifilm FINEPIX- Driveunit IEEE394 SBP2 Device") and reports that it is working just fine. The camera used to be drive H:, but now the new hard drive is drive H: I can't see the camera in Windows Explorer anywhere. I tried removing the device in the device manager and letting windows re-regonize the camera and it reinstalls and reports in device manager that everything is just fine.

But I still can't see the camera in Windows Explorer (or for that matter the Fuji viewer..)

Any insightful and clever ways to get Windows XP to assign a new drive letter to the Fuji S2

Thanks, Input is greatly appreciated.

G

Solved it

XP was trying to assign the next drive letter (I:) to the camera and I had that already assigned to a network drive I:

DOH

So, I re-connected the network drive as a different drive letter and all is fine now as I: is now available.

Ask a Question