can't run ipconfig

Danno

Hello,

I want to run ipconfig in the dos window, but when I go to 'start/run' and
type "ipconfig", the black dos window pops up but then disappears in a half
second or so. It won't stay open for some reason. Can anyone tell me how
to fix this?

Thanks,

Danno

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Start > Run > CMD, then IPCONFIG

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

| Hello,
|
| I want to run ipconfig in the dos window, but when I go to 'start/run' and
| type "ipconfig", the black dos window pops up but then disappears in a half
| second or so. It won't stay open for some reason. Can anyone tell me how
| to fix this?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Danno

*Vanguard*

"Danno" said in news:2rhUb.404182$ts4.259669@pd7tw3no:
Thanks Carey, that worked.
Danno

The reason the DOS window didn't stay open is that if closes automatically
when the program completes. Once ipconfig is done, it unloads and so, too,
does the DOS shell. The suggestion to use "cmd" opens a DOS shell and
leaves it open. Alternatively you could have entered "cmd /k ipconfig"
since the /k parameter tells the command interpreter to not unload when the
program ends. Run "cmd /?" to see all the options for the command
interpreter. You can also use Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> DOS
Prompt to open a DOS shell.