Can't retain display settings

G

I'm trying to lower my resolution so my icons are larger. Under the administrator account I can change the display settings to 1600x1200 with 85 Hz refresh rate. I can log onto another account and change the settings. They will stay to those settings until I either log off and back on or restart the computer and log back on. At this point the display settings revert back to the higher resolution. I can't get Windows to retain those settings for any other user besides the admin account. I have tried giving admin privileges to the other accounts as well with no success.

D

David Candy

Settings are global. Normally people here whinge that they can't have what you've got. Swap computers with one of them.

If XP is not acting to design (everyone shares display settings) then it is because you have a program (or driver) doing something. In this case maybe something that came with the video card. Have a look in settings and poke about. Why don't you just make your icons bigger instead. These aren't global. In Display - Appearance - Advanced

Ask a Question