Can't receive email

Rain

I receive a pop up requesting me to verify my username and password which
does nothing and then this error appears.

Account:'incoming.verizon.net', Server:'incoming.verizon.net',
Protocol:pOP3, Server Response: '-ERR[SYS/TEMP] Service Temporarily
Unavailable', Port:110, Secure(SSL):No,Server Error:0x800CCC90,Error
Number:0x800CCC92

Would really like to know how to fix this!! Thanks!

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

There are widespread reports that the Verizon mail server is down:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r24449579-Verizon-Webmail-Down

There's nothing you can do from your end. Just wait a while, and it will
come back up.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Rain" wrote in message
I receive a pop up requesting me to verify my username and password which
does nothing and then this error appears.

Account:'incoming.verizon.net', Server:'incoming.verizon.net',
Protocol:pOP3, Server Response: '-ERR[SYS/TEMP] Service Temporarily
Unavailable', Port:110, Secure(SSL):No,Server Error:0x800CCC90,Error
Number:0x800CCC92

Would really like to know how to fix this!! Thanks!

Don

"Rain" wrote in message
I receive a pop up requesting me to verify my username and password which
does nothing and then this error appears.

Account:'incoming.verizon.net', Server:'incoming.verizon.net',
Protocol:pOP3, Server Response: '-ERR[SYS/TEMP] Service Temporarily
Unavailable', Port:110, Secure(SSL):No,Server Error:0x800CCC90,Error
Number:0x800CCC92

Would really like to know how to fix this!! Thanks!

.
Don
I have experienced a similar problem. Last week I open my email and an
insert screen popped up. It had the Administrator picture and requested the
administrators user name and password. I am the administrator and I know
this was written down over 2 years ago and search as I might, I have not
found the paper. After going to tools on the email toolbar, i went to
accounts and then to my account and from that, I know that the user name is
"admin", but the password is of course coded into dots. I can not find any
way to rest the password or to find what it is. Effectively, I am locked out
of my email. I have spent endless hours trying to find something in windows
that would permit me to reset it. A cuious thing is when this started a
popup block came up in the lower left hand screen and said that this was the
popserver in W. Chester Pa. I had never seen this before. Incidentally, I
am on Comcast. If anyone knows how to reset such a password, I would love to
hear it as I am at wit's end with this problem. Thanks

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

I don't see how your problem is similar. It is always best to start a new
thread in order to avoid confusion.

Windows Mail will never ask for the administrator password.
When you went to Tools, Accounts, selected the mail account, then clicked
on Properties, Servers, what did it show for the server names?
Your username for the mail server is typically your entire email address,
or in some cases only the part in front of the @ symbol. It is highly unlikely
that you would own the email address (e-mail address removed).