Can't Read PDF Documents Now

Robert

Yesterday I uninstalled Adobe Reader 5.0 and downloaded
Adobe Reader 6.0. When the hour-long downloading process
was completed successfully, I was asked a question. I
don't remember the question word for word, however, it
asked me something about wanting to be able to read
documents in PDF form using Internet Explorer. I clicked
YES. Now, when I try to open PDF documents, nothing
happens. I get a blank screen with a tiny little box in
the top left corner with different colors in it. Before I
clicked YES to that question, Adobe Reader 6.0 worked
just fine. What did I do and how to I reverse the damage?
Robert

Rob Schneider

Check your IE security settings. I'm sorry, I don't know exactly what
works, but something amis.

In Adobe REader, go through all the preferences to see what might need
adjustment.

Finally, and perhaps do this first, check at www.adobe.com for their
support FAQ where this probably is discussed. They also have a forum.

Hope this is useful to you. Let us know.

rms

John Ski

Subject: Can't Read PDF Documents Now
From: "Robert" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 4/14/2004 6:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time

Yesterday I uninstalled Adobe Reader 5.0 and downloaded
Adobe Reader 6.0. When the hour-long downloading process
was completed successfully, I was asked a question. I
don't remember the question word for word, however, it
asked me something about wanting to be able to read
documents in PDF form using Internet Explorer. I clicked
YES. Now, when I try to open PDF documents, nothing
happens. I get a blank screen with a tiny little box in
the top left corner with different colors in it. Before I
clicked YES to that question, Adobe Reader 6.0 worked
just fine. What did I do and how to I reverse the damage?
Robert
I installed Reader 6.0 and hated it. It locked up MSIE more often than not, so
I dumped it and reinstalled 5.0 which works just fine. I'll try again when
"6.5" comes out.

HTH,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

Jim Macklin

Saw BOTH your threads on this same subject.

Since a PDF is a picture form of a text document, have you
checked "do not show pictures" in Internet Explorer?

message | Yesterday I uninstalled Adobe Reader 5.0 and downloaded