    Deskjet that is connected locally on LPT1. It does not work. I can print
    from Windows fine. But if I drop to a DOS prompt and type DIR > LPT1 I get
    nothing. Anyone know what the problem could be?

    Jeff, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Jeff

    Matthew G Guest

    Depending on the printer it may not support PCL 3
    printing. What model is it?

    My printer is a HP

    Matthew G, Mar 5, 2004

  3. See Bruce Sanderson's page at
    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm

    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Mar 7, 2004
  4. Jeff

    Bram Guest

    Jeff wrote:
    > *I have a DOS version of Lotus that I need to print from. My printer
    > is a HP
    > Deskjet that is connected locally on LPT1. It does not work. I can
    > print
    > from Windows fine. But if I drop to a DOS prompt and type DIR > LPT1
    > I get
    > nothing. Anyone know what the problem could be? *

    Some times it works to install a printer driver for port lpt1. If you
    install the driver "Generic text onely" it wil print for you and (as
    far as I have done it) it is NOT changing the data, so makeup codes are
    send bij the dosprogram are send to the printer just as it is.

    --
    Bram

    Bram, Mar 9, 2004