Can't print anything black

I was running arcsoft photostudio and word. Somehow the default setting for
black text and graphis doesn't print. I can change color to anything exept
black and it prints without error. I change printer out with same type of
printer, reloaded drivers, changed cable from parallel to usb, nothing seems
to fix it. I back dated to earlier restore point. I went through print menus
and setups and nothings seems to work. It appears that the color black is now
white and i need to find this reference in the regitry somewhere.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

First thing to do is get a new black ink cartridge.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Can't print anything black" <Can't print anything
news:[email protected]...

More info,
I changed print cartridge and print head.
I thought changing out entire printer with a different printer of the same
type would do this but maybe i was wrong! I mean this is a different black
cartridge and different print head would alleviate this from happeneing. It
not a problem with printer! It not a driver! Or settings that is is a menu
somewhere. I DID ALL THE EASY THINGS.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

What make and model of printer... and how are you connecting it to the PC
(USB or LPT)?

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Can''t print anything black"

Did you ever solve this problem? I have the same occuring to me with an HP
printer. HP indicates it is a problem with settings within Microsoft software.