Word can't open MS word 2007 file into word 2003

Reaction score
Yesterday my friend send me data that was created into MS 2007, where as i have installed MS 2003 on my hme computer. They are not opening, how do i open them please help

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
MS 2007 documents cannot be opened using MS Office 2003.

You can either get yourself a newer copy of MS Office or download and install a copy of Libre Office which will open all MS Office documents.

Libre Office is free, unlike MS Office.

Reaction score
MS 2007 documents cannot be opened using MS Office 2003.

You can either get yourself a newer copy of MS Office or download and install a copy of Libre Office which will open all MS Office documents.

Libre Office is free, unlike MS Office.
Hmm understand that ms office 2003 does not support 2007 files. I dont want to spend money for the newer copy of office. What is libre office, is this a free plugin or proper program to resolve the not opening issue.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
File Hippo is a reputable site where you can get all sorts of free, and paid for, downloads.

http://filehippo.com/

I use them for all my downloads. You will find Libre Office by typing it in their Search Box. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Joseph, link: https://www.libreoffice.org/

Libre Office is a full Office software suite and supplied as standard in most Linux Distros.

Libre Office 'Word' is called Writer and their version of the Excel spreadsheet is named Calc.

Ask a Question